In the never-ending battle to get PDD to keep her room clean, I have unknowingly created a weekly treasure hunt known to the rest of the world as laundry day. On the way to the bottom of her hamper just now, I found (and I kid you not) the following items, in addition to her dirty laundry:
- 3 folded t-shirts, clearly not worn since they were returned to her last week
- 4 crayons
- 1 pr craft scissors
- 1 cereal bowl, complete with corn flakes stuck to the interior of the bowl
- 1 spoon, also with a corn flake stuck to the back
- 1 newspaper
- 2 WebKinz animals she’s been looking for all week
- 1 of my socks ???
- 2 pr of Second Son’s underwear (presumably added unknowingly when she was told to get her own clothing off the bathroom floor)
- 1 Happy Meal toy
- 13 scraps of construction paper of various sizes and shapes
- 1 empty ZipLock sandwich bag
- 2 hangers
The 3 folded t-shirts are no surprise. I always find clean laundry in the hamper. I’ve given up trying to solve that one. This week’s prize MUST go to the cereal bowl and spoon, however. That’s a first.
It occurs to me that I don’t EVER want to know what Frosted Flakes are REALLY made of. Whatever it is, when combined with 2% milk, it creates a glue stronger than Krazy Glue. I assure you, a jackhammer would not be able to remove those flakes from that bowl or spoon. They are currently soaking in the kitchen sink.
And there’s the irony folks: a simple soak in water will remove something that I would otherwise break the bowl trying to remove by any other means. A great observation about life, eh? Simplicity and patience do what force can’t.
And still I wonder why people tell me I need to get a life…
Keepin' it real in the bloggerhood,