Thirteen Quotes that Inspire Me
- Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- It is not what happens that determines the major part of your future. What happens, happens to us all. It is what you do about what happens that counts. – Jim Rohn
- Some of us are timid. We think we have something to lose so we don’t try for that next hill. – Maya Angelou
- If you want to be respected by others, the great thing is to respect yourself. Only by that, only by self-respect, will you compel others to respect you. – Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see the possibilities – always see them, for they’re always there. – Norman Vincent Peale
- If the average person realized the power he wields over his life and destiny, he would live in a perpetual state of wonder and thanksgiving. – Earl Nightingale
- The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem. – Theodore Rubin
- The critical ingredient is getting off your butt and doing something. It’s as simple as that. A lot of people have ideas, but there are few who decide to do something about them now. Not tomorrow. Not next week. But today. The true entrepreneur is a doer, not a dreamer. – Nolan Bushnell
- Results are often obtained by impetuosity and daring which could never have been obtained by ordinary methods. – Niccolo Machiavelli
- Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. – Thomas A. Edison
- The only limitation in your life is the limitation of your own thinking. – James A. Ray
- Live as if you like yourself, and it may happen. – Marge Piercy
- About all you can do in life is be who you are. – Rita Mae Brown
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
Great list, thanks for stopping by my site. Happy TT!
great list, very inspiring. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Great idea for a post!
Great idea for you Thursday Thirteen, loved it! Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
Wow. That is inspiring and I always need inspiration. What a great list. Thanks
I found your blog through the Thursday Thirteen tag. I did my first 13 today, also using quotations (we didn’t have any direct overlap, but I also quoted Edison). Thanks for sharing these.
I like #6 the best. Nice list. Happy TT
I love inspiring quotes! Great list! Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog.
By the way, my niece is skipping a college class to watch “Lost,” so your friend is in good company! 🙂
Wow… Thomas Edison, Maya Angelou, Earl Nightengale, and Jim Rohn all in one list. Those are great quotes.
I think we would all do well to remember #10.
Wonderful quotes, i have saved all of them .They are very inspiring.