Darren Rowse over at Problogger.net is running a series this month called 31 Days to Build a Better Blog, and I’ve decided to follow along. He was going to start the series on the 1st, but ended up having to delay the start to the 6th. Warmed my heart to see a big-time blogger have to give himself a little more time to get his act together.
I’ll likely be doing this in spurts and batches because, as you know if you’ve hung around here any length of time at all, I have “issues” trying to blog daily. 🙂
So, here are my assignments for this week:
Did that a long time ago. It also serves as my blog’s tagline: “The unedited observations of a complex, driven, work-in-progress woman in her 40’s.”
That’s as apt a description of what this blog is about and the purpose it serves as any I can think of since, so I’m sticking with it. Love it when my “homework” is already done!
Ok, this’ll be easy, too. Here’s my list of what I want to accomplish today to get a jump on my week:
- Finish and publish this post.
- Find my 1099’s and my lone little W-2 from the school system. They’re on this desk somewhere…somewhere being the key word.
- File my taxes. I’ve spent the last two weeks catching up my record-keeping (not my favorite task) in preparation for this event. And yes, it’s likely to be an event.
- Put together a newsletter for a client. (No, I don’t normally do client work on Sundays, much less holidays, but this client’s special and she needs the info to get to her subscribers before tomorrow.)
- Clean out the cabinet under the kitchen sink. (Long story as to why. Definitely a post for another day.)
- Watch a movie with Second Son. Completely Clueless picked up PDD around noon to spend the afternoon with her, so it’s just me and him.
Ok, that’s enough for today. As you can see from my list, I have a few other time-consuming things to accomplish today, and I really want to capitalize on the time with Second Son. (What do you want to bet the ‘clean out the cabinet under the kitchen sink’ item gets postponed? LOL)
Keepin' it real in the bloggerhood,