My friend, Karen, sent this to me via email today:
- The people who are starting college this fall were born in 1992.
- They are too young to remember the space shuttle blowing up.
- Their lifetime has always included AIDS.
- The CD was introduced two years before they were born.
- They have always had an answering machine.
- They have always had cable.
- Jay Leno has always been on the Tonight Show.
- Popcorn has always been microwaved.
- They never took a swim and thought about Jaws.
- They don’t know who Mork was or where he was from.
- They never heard: ‘Where’s the Beef?’, ‘I’d walk a mile for a Camel ‘ or ‘de plane, Boss, de plane’.
- McDonald’s never came in Styrofoam containers.
- They don’t have a clue how to use a typewriter.
Yeah, some of those were a slap in the face to me, too. 🙂
I don't feel old at all ! My parents should if there were still alive, because we had more then them ! We had telephone, TV, waching machine and dishwashers etc. all things that they didn't have and if you go back to your grandparents it was even worse, lol ! That's life !
I certainly feel old when I read things like this. I'll stop by a Circle K and while checking out, I see the – You must be born before X-date to buy tobacco – and realize I'm old. It'd be nice to be too young to buy tobacco.
Had this coversation yesterday with a friend when he said he can't rememnber life without a cell phone…funny i felt old because i do remember life before cell phones
In that case I guess the only place they would expect to find flared trousers is in a museum of at the back of grandpa's closet.
It was the Jay Leno comment that got to me.
After Johnny retired, I've never gone back to the Tonight Show, so Mr. Leno has made his name without me. Imagine that. (Now both Ed and Johnny are in their graves.)
I started with Jack Paar, graduated to Johnny and that was the end for me.
But, it is eye opening that the man we considered Mr. Tonight is not even remembered by the generation of college students beginning now.
My favorite hobby shop:
ToysPeriod is a leading online shop specializing in lego sets and model railroad equipment.
Pass the Loving Care, I just grew about 10 new grays on my head. Damn it. Aging blows. Yeah, I said it.
That said: With age comes wisdom and I'm thankful as hell for that!