Thanks, Aimee, my newest NaBloPoMo friend, for breaking the rules and tagging all her friends with this meme.
Name six guilty pleasures no one would suspect you of having:
1. I like to sleep naked. This is a rarity for me now, having been caught at 4:30am, naked, with my house on fire – it kinda gives me pause to go to bed in my birthday suit now. And for those inquiring minds, yes, I did manage to pull some jeans on, but I ran out the front door topless. Thank goodness it was 4:30am. No neighbors were scarred for life. 🙂
2. I pick my teeth with business cards. (Sheesh, Aimee, I thought I was the ONLY one!)
3. Is there a word for someone who requires a bed to die for? Whatever it is, that’s me. Now, my kids might actually rat me out on this one – depends on how much attention they’ve paid over the years…but I have always had and, as God is my witness, always will have a bed to die for. By this, I mean the softest of blankets and linens, the fluffiest of feather pillows (and yes, there are 6 of them) and when I’m not in it, it is always made and ready for the House Beautiful photo opp it deserves.
4. I have a love/hate relationship with the hairs on my chin. (Ok, Aimee – this is getting freaky.) However, unlike Aimee, I do not brandish my tweezers about. I do, however, fidget with them a day or two before I pluck them.
5. I have a secret stash of Tupac on my laptop, and every now and then, I put the headphones on and well…I get down like that, yeah.
6. There is a beautiful, beautiful boy (ok, he’s probably early 20’s, but I’m over 40, so he’s a boy) who works at a local business I frequent way too frequently just to gaze upon his beautifulness.
Name six guilty pleasures you wish you had the courage to indulge:
1. See #6 above. Did I mention he’s beautiful?
2. Sleeping naked again.
3. Writing a book about my life. Too many names would still have to be changed to protect the guilty, so I wait…
4. Singing ballads in a club.
5. Eating as much chocolate as I would like to.
6. Going on a vacation by myself.
Name six pleasures you once considered guilty but have now either abandoned or made peace with:
1. Watching late night talk shows. Thanks to my DVR, the guilt has been relieved by watching them a day late at an earlier hour.
2. My computer. I spend a LOT of time on my computer. Get over it, everyone. It is for work AND play.
3. Books. I used to buy a LOT of books. I’m taking a sabbatical from it, but will resume one day when I have time to sit and read again.
4. Watching TV. For years I pretty much gave up TV, but there are a handful of shows I now watch or record and watch later.
5. Getting my nails done. I used to think it was a frivolous expense, but no more. I deserve to do things that make me feel good.
6. Making time for myself. I used to think that I would have to wait until the kids were grown and gone to get time for me. Have since decided that’s too damn long to wait. So far, no one has died from it.
As for who to tag next, I tag whoever’d like to do this particular meme. I thought, intially, it would be fairly easy. I found out while doing it, it can be a little unnerving to tell some of your secrets. (Or, more accurately, choose which ones to tell.) So, whoever’s up for it – have at it. Come back and comment here so I can come read yours.